Sunday, July 5, 2009

Goddamn Right, its a Beautiful Day

The perfect summer days are piling up. Ever since the rain stopped I've been on a constant adventure non-stop with great people by my side. I've tried to capture a few moments that lack the "you had to be there" factor. So here is a mash-up of random moments from one perfect Saturday in New York. The main event was a party at P.S.1. MoMA in Queens. I picked the song before I downloaded my camera and realized that I actually had footage of things like "a clown with a frown" as mentioned in Mr. E's Beautiful Blues a song by Eels which fit the day with disturbing perfection. Listen to the song closely while you watch and you will see what I'm talking about.




A few things I've noticed this week: girls around here wear boots year-round. This is very new to me... must be hot and sweaty in those boots in the summertime. I refuse to take part, no matter how cute those boots look with a sundress. (Maire-Louise, your thoughts? By the way my friend Marie-Louise has a great fashion blog that gets pretty addicting if you follow it: Marie-Louisespulse.blogspot.com ) Another thing I've noticed; just because New York is a big city, doesn't mean you won't be running into the same people again and again, or even random people from your past on the streets. This happens to me almost every day and it freaks me out every time.

Last week I went to see MGMT in Prospect Park. The giant dance-party aspect of the evening was great but I wasn't that impressed with their stage presence, seriously lacking on the energy up there. But overall not bad. I didn't really have a chance to judge their new stuff which they played because I was too busy dancing with a bunch of friendly New York girls. (New York girls are SO much nicer than any other girl breed I've met anywhere else, besides Australian girls, they are the best.)


Thanks for reading :o)

2 comments:

  1. you can link your blogspot account with your youtube account and you can then post embedded youtube videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. well to me looking good is about well looking good and looking comfortable. If you look uncomfortable in the most amazing outfit- well it doesnt matter- you wont look good. If its sweltering hot and you're wearing boots- i cant imagine how theyd be comfortable so I guess it would cancel out all cuteness these girls may possess.
    *Marie-Louie

    ReplyDelete